Wednesday, March 7, 2007

An Informal Announcement


2 Days ago, I receive an e-mail from a good friend of mine, Rachel. Like many of my good friends, I've had only sparse contact with her through the last year. I knew that since I'd left she had become engaged. What I didn't know is when - and the email I received two days ago told me this: She's being wed in May.

You know what? I think I'll be there.

May's close at hand. God, it's only 2 months away, and I'll have to pull this together relatively quickly. But I think I'm going to do it. I don't have the dates yet, but the trip I'm planning ought to last about 2 weeks. It might also come at the worst possible time for my still-in-acadamia friends, for whom my visit may fall pretty much during final exams. I hope there's a way to work around that, but I'll need to figure out when those times are for everyone. So: everyone still in acadamia leave a note or send an e-mail! God knows, I want to see you while I'm in town!

There's still some details to work out. The passport that I need to get out of the country is being processed by some government organization right now, to renew my work visa for another year, so something along those lines. But I've talked to the Peace Corps, and they think they can get it back for me.

So that's the announcement guys. You just may see my face come May

No comments: